Using the DAPPS tab in TrustWallet from my iPhone was a daily activity until recently. With TrustWallet’s latest release they were forced by Apple to remove it as it violates their terms of service.
Since TrustWallet is only a phone application and I don’t own any Android devices how will we trade our crypto through PancakeSwap, Uniswap or others? There are sites out there that claim you can download TrustWallet for your desktop, but it’s a scam and attempt to capture your private key.
Then I found BlueStacks. BlueStacks is an emulator that allows you to run an Android device on your desktop. It’s super simple to setup and get running within a few minutes.
- Go here and download the BlueStacks application: https://www.bluestacks.com/
- After it finishes downloading, click to install BlueStacks
- After installation start the BlueStacks application and you will be shown the home screen of your Android device
- From there open the Google Play store and download TrustWallet, it will require you to sign into your Google account, so if you don’t have one you’ll need to create one
- Once TrustWallet is installed open it up and choose to restore your wallet, type in your secret phrase and you’re all set
Now you have access to your TrustWallet on your desktop computer along with DAPPS again. I keep the emulator up and running all the time in the background until I’m ready to buy or sell a coin. Keep in mind it does take about 60 seconds to restart the emulator if you completely close out, that’s why I keep it open in the background.